
We also got to go bowling. That was a blast. I did probably the worst I have ever done. My excuse is that I wasn’t bowling in real shoes. I was still sporting the Chacos. So my form was a little off. It may have been nice but we were still in Africa and the lanes had a few difficulties. At one point, the balls got stuck. We kept going and got about 10 balls stuck before we sent for help. A man that worked there had to dismantle the ball-shooter-outer-thing and rescue all of our balls.

The best part was getting together with friends from other countries.

I did not enjoy the heat and humidity. And it is a French speaking country. So we couldn’t really communicate with many people there. It was a good time but I was ready to come home.

2 comments:
Hey Katy. I don't know if you remember me, but I lived in Ferguson Hall when you were a freshman. I lived on the other end of the hall with Colleen, Amanda, Kayla... and graduated that December. My name is April. I saw your update in Footprints and thought I'd say "Hi." I'm always interested what others are doing on the mission field, so I added your link on my blogger... hope that's ok? Well, Godspeed and Merry Christmas!
I also have Facebook and Xanga accounts in case you really can't remember me... Nonetheless, you're in my prayers.
So, apparently you allow "Anonymous" posts now...
Did you do that just for me?
I loved your technical term in this blog, "ball-shooter-outer-thing"! I hope you're doing well. It sounds like your trip to the Ivory Coast was much needed and much appreciated.
JT/Jeremy
Post a Comment