Monday, September 10, 2007

First Day of Summer

Friday, for the first time in a while, it felt like summer. I woke up and the sky was perfectly clear. The sun was bright and shining. We slept in a little before heading into the office. Sara and Melanie made pancakes. I can’t explain it exactly, but it feels like summer. For the past 4 months, it has rained all the time. And the past couple months, we have had rain everyday just about. If not, it was cloudy. I thought about it and I can’t remember the last time I woke up and it was sunny like this. So we enjoyed it as much as we could. We made strawberry lemonade and sat outside and ate watermelon. I think this is the light at the end of the tunnel. Rainy season is almost over. I know I will miss it later, but for now I am excited that it is drying up. Of course the next day, I woke up to it pouring rain, but we are almost there.

2 comments:

little david said...

Keep hanging in there, Katy. Thanks for posting.

hausaman505 said...

HI....Maltina is a VERY healthy drink and I know you REALLY secretly enjoyed it. Nice site, by the way. See ya' soon, LW.